Wednesday 16 January 2013

School Is Back In Session: Par Me

Hello hello hello hello hello hello! (did you like my bit of French in the title? That was the only thing I learnt in three years of French, pitiful.)  Did you have a fab Christmas and New Year? I'm back thank the Lord (I got lost on the way to the computer sorry). But after reading some very inspirational blogs I'm back and better than ever (that was sarcasm if you didn't catch it). For my first post of the new year I've decided to talk about something very close to my heart... boots. And with the weather we are having in the UK I think this is quite a helpful post (if I do say so myself).

I've just come down from my shoppers high in which I treated myself to a new pair of tan leather Topshop boots. I thought with the weather the way it is I would see what boot trends are coming through, and it may even help some of you (if there is anyone, you should be ashamed) who haven't purchased theirs yet.

At college we've been looking at what trends are coming through for this season and how they will translate to spring/ summer 2013 (obviously with boots that won't work very well). But lets have a looksies and see what's on the highstreet at the moment,

Studs- this most be the most repetitive thing ever because it seems that studs are always on trend, I don't remember a time before studs (that was sarcasm too). but yes on nearly every persons feet when I wonder into town on a cold, grey January morning I see studs. They are just effortless glamour (in that rock chic kind of way ofcourse), it can take a drab outfit and turn it into something shamazing just by the little decorative technique on your feet. I bowed down to the trend at my birthday and bought a pair and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Leather- this is probably a no-brainer but I have just started to notice the effect of leather boots and how they differ from plastic ones. I know times are tough and we all have to tighten our belts, But I can guarantee that if you invest in a pair of these cool kids you will not regret it. And honestly if you think about it logically by the amount of time you've bought plastic shoes and they've broken and then you buy more, you could have just saved your money and bought one staple pair that wouldn't break that easily, sooo your saving yourself money.

Wellies- in this type of weather we all must ruefully put away are prized posessions and wap out the Wellington boots, but just because the weather is poo doesn't mean that are shoes have to suffer. Wellies are becoming more and more fashionable thanks to brands like Hunter and Vivenne Westwood 'hipping' them up. They are just as cute as the rest (in my case many) boots.

Chelsea Boots- how cool are they though? I don't (yet, but there's still time) have a pair. But they are just the fabbest thing ever. I tried a pair on the other day and I felt as though I was in some sort of Made In Chelsea trance (that I didn't feel like leaving) but the minute I caught the price tag it swiftly went away. If you don't have a pair and you are looking for comfortable chic-ness you now know where to go.

High Top Boots- I can't honestly say that I am a fan, but everyone has different opinions (mine being if you chose to run wear trainers, if you want to look fab wear boots. You are not Hannah Montana, you cannot have the best of both worlds.) I think they suit a certain person and you have to be very careful with what you wear them with (but the kiddie designs are quite cool, I'll give them that).

Dr. Martens- can you imagine a world where Dr. Martens didn't exist? I must say when you get a pair there is no turning back. When I was younger I thought it was just a punk or gothic thing, but how wrong I was the minute that shoe box came my way I realised it was going to be a long and happy marriage (one of which there would be no divorce). I can also vouch for the fact that they are wonderful in this hurrendous snowy (more like black icy) weather.

So there my opinions are for the world to see. I hope you enjoyed my little rant about boots, and I hope it helped for those with Sophie's Choice (yes, it is that important, No, I have never actually seen that movie) of what boots to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment