Monday 15 October 2012

Let's Have A Little Class

I am very very very sorry that I have not been blogging as much. I feel that my behaviour towards my blog is disgraceful its like my child and I have been a bad mother #howrude. But I'm back!! And I feel really crummy but school and work (that makes me sound really old and grown-up #notimpressed) and sitting infront of the television are just taking all my time, so I decided that as a welcome back I would give you a little lesson on one of the key things I have been learning on my Fashion Course (how cool does that sound?).
When we first started talking fashion illustration I couldn't think of one illustrator that I knew #shameful, but when you think about it in most major fashion magazines there are illustations on a few of the pages. So we have been learning about fashion illustrations and fashion illustrators (it's even cooler than it sounds). So we've spent the week doing research on contemporary and historical fashion illustrators and I thought you people would like to see some of the cool illustrators that I found.


This first illustrator is called David Downton. It sad but true that I chose to research him because his last name was Downton and that seemed good enough for me, but when I actually looked at his work I was very impressed and when I read a summary of his biography I realised I'm not the only one that likes his work. He has a long list of well known clients. If you have a chance I recommend looking him up on Wikipedia or reading his website because he is very interesting.




This illustrator is called Cedric Rivrain. He is a French illustrator and designer and also has a long list of well-known clients. He aslo has a website but you can't really find that much information on there. His illustrations are amazing, he works with only pens and pencils to create his masterpieces (just go through his illustrations on google images and I know you like me will be impressed). I choose this illustration because it somes up what Cedric Rivrain is about. he draws his models in black and white and his clothing in colour to make it stand out more and that it does.







#I hope you have enjoyed your little class on contemporary fashion illustrators and I hope to share more of my new found knowledge with you in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment